Last Updated: 11 August 2020
Our Commitment to Privacy
Distenas Limited is the Data Controller of the website 18yoga.com (the “Website”), and is a company domiciled at Filippou Papakyprianou, 124, Flat/office 102, Latsia, 2230, Nicosia, Cyprus. If you have any concerns related to the processing of your personal data, please contact us.
We take your privacy seriously, and we want to provide a safe and secure user experience for you. This Policy is designed to help you understand how and why we process your personal information, and what you can do about it.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
Through the Website, we collect certain types of personal data when you register on the site, such as name, location, email address and gender, in order to complete your registry. If you want to complete your profile on the Website, there is some additional information you can voluntarily provide us, such as pictures of you, your preferences, personal attributes, sexual interests, race, and any other personal information that you may want to include.
By providing this information and by clicking on the “I accept” (or equivalent) button incorporated in the registration form, you declare that the information and data you have provided are accurate and truthful, and you explicitly consent the processing of special categories of personal data that belong to you.
When you want to subscribe to any upgrade services, you may provide us financial information such as your credit card number.
What Do We Do with Your Personal Data?
The main reason we collect data is to operate effectively and provide a quality experience for you. Please read below to obtain a more detailed explanation of the purposes for which we may process your personal data:
a) To manage the contractual or pre-contractual relationship: We use information about you to provide the services to you, including to process transactions, manage your registration as a user, allow your access to the private or members area, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, operate and maintain the Site, provide you with the services you have requested and attend to your requests for information, as well as to facilitate the exercise of your rights. We also analyze your profile, Website activity and preferences to recommend connections and to recommend your profile to others.
b) Based on the existence of a legitimate interest of the Website: We use information about you to customize your experience, keep you informed about the services of the Website, send you news and other activities that we carry out related to the services of the Website that may be of your interest, and to carry out periodic reviews of our services and satisfaction surveys in order to evaluate and improve the quality of the service we provide. We may also process your personal data in order to carry out internal reviews and, if necessary, contact you in the event that a possible fraud, misbehavior, or identity theft is detected or there are well-founded suspicions. However, if you do not want your data to be processed for these purposes, you may object at any time by contacting us.
c) On the basis of your explicit, free and unequivocal consent that you grant at the time of collecting your data: to process the special categories of personal data that belong to you, in order to provide you the services. By clicking on the “I accept” button incorporated in the registration form, you expressly consent the processing of your personal data for these purposes.
Who Is Your Data Shared With?
We only share users’ personal data with third parties under certain circumstances, which are:
With vendors, consultants, business partners, and other service providers who need access to this information to perform their services. These third parties may have access to your information as necessary to perform their duties, and they are contractually obliged to maintain the confidentiality of any personal data they may come in contact with as part of the rendering of their services to the Website. These third parties are included in the following activities/services:
Web server hosting. Our services are hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS), which uses servers in multiple data centers across the US and is GDPR compliant.
Card and payment processors
Your information will be shared with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the services (including your public profile). Please be aware of the information that you share with others, as once it is shared with third parties, you cannot control it.
If you participate in promotions, special offers, or other activities in connection with the Website, we may share your personal data with third parties that partner with us in order to provide these offers to you.
We may share your personal data if such disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
We may share aggregated or anonymized information which cannot be reasonably used to identify you in order to gather data to enhance and design the Website.
We may share your personal data between and among the Website’s group companies, including current and future parent, affiliate, subsidiary, or other companies under common control and ownership.
In this regard, we inform you that any transfer will be made taking into account all the necessary legal safeguards. We also guarantee that we sign specific contracts with all our service providers as required by the applicable regulations.
We guarantee that the necessary safeguards are in place to ensure that the data can be transferred securely, either because the provider offers adequate guarantees through, among others, its participation in the Privacy Shield EU-US and Swiss-US, the signing of Standard Contractual Clauses of the European Commission, or any of the exceptions contained in the regulations.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
How To Exercise Your Rights
In case you are a European citizen or resident and are subject to the GDPR, you may exercise the following rights:
1. Right to access your personal data to know what data is being processed and the processing being carried out on it.
2. Right to rectify inaccurate personal data.
3. Right to erasure of your personal data where possible.
4. Right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data when the accuracy, legality or need for the data processing is in question, in which case, we may keep the data for exercising or defending legal claims.
5. Right to object to automated decision-making.
6. Right to object to the processing of your personal data when the legal basis for our processing is the legitimate interest.
7. Right to data portability, when the legal basis for us to process your data is the existence of a contractual relationship or your consent.
8. Right to withdraw the consent granted to us.
If you are a California resident and are subject to the CCPA, please note that you may exercise the following rights:
1. The right to know and request from us what personal information has been collected during the past 12 months and for what purposes it will be used. Specifically, information regarding the categories of data processed, the sources from which the data was obtained, the purposes of the processing and/or whether such information will be sold to third parties, and the categories of third parties to whom such personal information will be disclosed to. For this purpose, you may consult the previous sections "What personal data do we collect", "What do we do with your personal data?" and "Who is your data shared with”.
2. The right to delete your personal information where possible.
3. "Do Not Sell My Information" meaning the right to object to the sale of your personal information to third parties as mentioned herein.
We also inform you that by exercising any of the above rights, you will not be discriminated against or subject to different treatment.
You may exercise your rights (under both the GDPR and the CCPA) at any time and at no cost by:
1. Contacting us specifying the right you want to exercise and identifying yourself. Please identify in your request in the email subject by writing "Exercise of RGPD rights" or "Exercise of CCPA rights", whichever is applicable. State the rights you wish to exercise, and how you will prove you are a California resident, if applicable.
2. When you receive any communication from us, by clicking the "opt-out" button in the notice, you can unsubscribe from all the previously accepted commercial notices.
Under the GDPR, you may also file a claim with the corresponding Supervisory Authority if you believe we have violated the data protection legislation when processing your personal data.
Confidentiality And Security
The Website employs industry standard security measures to ensure the security of all data. Your personal information is protected by physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable regulations, as well as further administrative, managerial, and technical safeguards, including firewalls and data encryption.
Minors under 18 years old cannot use the services available via the Website. The Website does not knowingly collect, process, market or sell information to or about minors. Parents and/or guardians shall undertake and implement the necessary measures and mechanisms to prevent minors from accessing the Website and/or providing personal data, and the Website accepts no liability in this regard.
Questions And Suggestions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy or your personal data, please feel free to contact us.